The course is designed as a Post Graduate course and aimed at individuals interested in starting a business in commercial jewellery design and is supported by the Jewellery Council of South Africa.
The course includes:
- Theory training in entrepreneurship and business management
- Experiential training in Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Exposure to the local jewellery manufacturing and retail industry
Criteria for candidates interested in joining the project:
- Must have passed matric with an average above 50%
- Must have a jewellery related qualification, preferably a Diploma or B-Tech in Jewellery Design and Manufacture
- Must have knowledge of, and experience in, Computer Aided Design – preferably Rhino
- A Goldsmith / Setter Trade Test Qualification would be an advantage
- Some experience working in the Jewellery Manufacturing, Wholesale or Retail industry would be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to BEE candidates
The 15 Candidates selected for the programme will start on 1 April 2015 and may be required to travel nationally. Candidates will receive a stipend of R 4 500 per month during the 11-month training contract.